Sunday, January 30, 2011
Watch and be amazed. These are poor slaves of the Choudhries, Vaderas, Sardars or one like them. The feudals are not only doing what they are but also leading people to kufr by making them kiss their feet and hands. The video is self explanatory what can one say. Feudalism manifest. The guy does not stop them.
The people should only fear Allah and fear the law not a person. The way they are revering the guy sitting and some behind him, is mind boggling. I wouldn't say they are doing sajda but they are definitely kissing the guy's feet and hands. Why? He is just another mortal. It is the fear of retribution that makes the poor guy do what he does. This should not happen. Only the State should be supreme not some individuals.
I wonder why the religious parties do not take the lead in this issue instead of becoming the political spokesmen of the terrorists and make excuses for the killings and refusing to condemn the terrorism that has engulfed us. Why does this issue miss their notice? Is it deliberate or out of fear I demand to know.
Even the richest man of today cannot have so much land. So how did these people acquire so much land? The Brits gave them to keep people down and under control. That was colonial governance. Once the colonial power left we should have corrected the system. Most unfortunately we didn't. Ayub Khan thought of it as he writes in his book in his last days when it was too late. His successors were feudals themselves and visionless dictators.
Pervez Ilahi once said in some interview that he made a survey and discovered that in Punjab 96% people had land no more than 12.5 acres while the rest 4% enjoy land the size of which you cannot imagine. This video is testimony of the state of people on these lands.
When will our legislators think of bringing in laws to banish slavery and such acts if nothing to save people from the fire of hell? Wonder how feudalism can go? If our neighboring country one day younger can do it why not us? Are they any better intellectually than us? I think not. The difference is in sincerity, vision and love for your own people and the country.
All political parties must have on their manifesto Land Ceiling Act. Mr. Nawaz Sharif should concentrate on such issues instead of instigating one people to rise against the other. Such abusive, divisive and vendetta politics will not work. He is not being seen in good light of late. Be positive man. Do something good of far reaching consequence. This applies to other leaders too. Focus on structural reforms not cosmetic. Big people do big things like this and take every body along not exclude.
One way to abolish feudalism is by bringing in Land Ceiling Act and implement it by limiting rural land holding to no more than say 50 to 60 acres per head (India is now thinking of making it 18 according to Dawn). At one stroke feudalism will go. Feudalism is possible only by large land holdings so take land away from them and distribute among the poor.
Save the people, save the country and save them from kufr too. While it will create self employment it will throw up common man capable to get into parliaments and assemblies that will make good laws for people and the country and ensure true development.